Monday, January 28, 2013

Sowing Bountifully

Sowing Bountifully
S - 2 Cor 9:6-8 (NASB)
6 Now this I say, he who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully .7 Each one must do just as he has purposed in his heart, not grudgingly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.8 And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that always having all sufficiency in everything, you may have an abundance for every good deed

 O - Gernerosity is contagious and self perpetuating.  This is what I observe God saying through this scripture.  Paul is writing to the church in Corinth to encourage them to put their minds to being an outlet of Gods love and not just an inlet.   He encourages them to sow recklessly for from it will come a bountiful return.   God supplies sufficient grace to us to allow us to recklessly give, because He will always ensure we have an abundance to do every good deed our heart desires.

A - The application for me is a reminder to be generous with my love and resources.   My mind reminds me not to be reckless with resources,  but generous.   I can become conservative in times when I am worrying alot about how much more I feel I have going out than coming in.  I need to trust in God for his provision and reflect on his abundant generosity to me and how that has allowed me at times to be generous with others.

 P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you Lord for this gift of life you have given me.  Help me Lord to live a life of abundant, even reckless generosity.   Break my heart for what breaks yours.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment