Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The key to success in the Kingdom of God is humbleness

The key to success in the Kingdom of God is humbleness

S  - Matthew 18:1-6 (NASB)
Who then is greatest in the kingdom of heaven?” 2 And He called a child to Himself and set him before them, 3 and said, “Truly I say to you, unless you are converted and become like children, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven. 4 Whoever then humbles himself as this child, he is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. 5 And whoever receives one such child in My name receives Me; 6 but whoever causes one of these little ones who believe in Me to stumble, it would be better for him to have a heavy millstone hung around his neck, and to be drowned in the depth of the sea.


O - To humble ourselves before our God this is the key to understanding and living an effective life in the Kingdom of God. We see that children are naturally dependent on their parents from the beginning.  They grow up depending on their parents for  food, shelter, protection, even healing.   As children they have no problem going to to their parents for their every need.  This is the image Jesus is giving us.  He says unless we are converted to be the self dependent people we have grown to be, and once again become dependent on our Heavenly Father we will not experience the fullness of God and His Kingdom.


A -  The application for me is a lesson of humility and humbleness.  I have a spent a lifetime of growing independent, and refined in my skills so that one day I might say I can do all this thing called life.  As Christ entered my life, my weakness, frailty and dependence on God has become more and more apparent.   As I struggle to find my new identity in Christ, I understand it more and more to be a child of God, wholly and humbly dependent on Him.  


P - Lord thank you for this message, you shared with me today.  I pray you would help me to understand and live and your child, wholly and humbly dependent on you for my strength, provision, protection and purpose.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment