Sunday, May 20, 2012

God's presence with us always

God's presence with us always

S - 1 Kings 6
12 Concerning this house which you are building, if you will walk in My statutes and execute My ordinances and keep all My commandments by walking in them, then I will carry out My word with you which I spoke to David your father. 13  I will dwell among the sons of Israel, and will not forsake My people Israel.”


Romans 1 
16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 17 For in it the righteousness of God is revealedfrom faith to faith; as it is written, “ But the righteous man shall live by faith.”


O - The word of God is alive and speaks to us today.  The context of the two scriptures may be somewhat different but today they are ministering to me.   The first comes from Solomon's building of the temple for the Lord.  He is given the privileged of being the first King to give God a permanent home rather than a moving tabernacle.  He is given peace on all sides of him so that his efforts focused on God can be used to give God the honor he deserves. His promise is that if we carry out his word he will always be with us.  In the second scripture, Paul describes not a building or even the commandments that we are to be obedient to, but in a different manner we are to receive the truth of what God has revealed to us through Christ,  the good news of our salvation, revealed through faith in Christ.   Both truth's revealed are important to our understanding of who our God is, who we are, and how we are to live in relationship to God.


A -  The application for me is to recognize the truth that now the holy spirit resides in my,  I am the temple, and how I build my house and behave matters.  God is telling me that if I will simply walk in obedience to what He has revealed to me through his word, and through the holy spirits prompting, He will be with me always, through all situations I will face.   Secondly Paul is reminding me that all of this is done through faith, and the more I walk in faith the more God will reveal himself and the more confident I will walk in this faith in God and not in myself.   Salvation through Christ is an act of faith, which when followed by the act of faith of following the holy spirit leads to a life that is lead by God and fullfilled by God.


P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for continuing to release the baggage that I carry.  The more I learn to walk in faith of what you are doing and trust in you , the more of the old me I see falling away, and the more of you I see revealed.  I thank you Lord and pray that you would continue to strip away the old Joe, show me your ways so that I might know you better, and live a life led by you always.  In Jesus name, I pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment