Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Give thanks to the Lord

Give thanks to the Lord
S - 1 Chron 16:8-16 (NASB)
 8 Oh give thanks to the LORD, call upon His name; 
Make known His deeds among the peoples. 
9 Sing to Him, sing praises to Him; 
Speak of all His wonders. 
10 Glory in His holy name; 
Let the heart of those who seek the LORD be glad. 
11 Seek the LORD and His strength; 

Seek His face continually. 
12 Remember His wonderful deeds which He has done, 
His marvels and the judgments from His mouth, 


O - Amazing, here is a Psalm in the middle of Chronicles one of the books that I am often challenged to find inspirational text.  This particle Psalm is one that is used to give thanks to God by none other than King David, after he has brought the Ark to Jerusalem, and commissioned the Levites under Asaph's leadership to serve the tent and provide song and dance in celebration of the Lord.   


A -  David's song of praise is a reminder of me as to what my posture should be.   I need to continue to praise his name, call upon him,  and remind myself of all the wonders and blessings he has already done.  When I posture myself to do that my heart will be be glad, and I will receive his peace and strength.  


P- Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  I give you thanks God, for the blessings you have poured out upon my life: my marriage, my children, your provision,  your salvation.  I pray Lord that you would remind me of all your blessings, that I would be strengthened and encouraged.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment