Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Place your trust in the Lord

Place your trust in the Lord
S - Psalm 32:10

Many are the sorrows of the wicked,
But he who trusts in the Lord, lovingkindness shall surround him.

O- These words of the Psalmist comfort me in times of unassuredness.  David may have written them in the season that his own son Absalom has taken over his kingdom and caused him to flee.   In those circumstances David seem to humbly flee, but many were his supporters who stayed with him including foreign servants whom he gained in his wars with other nations.  When he fled, he tried to release some back to their homes, but they stayed in his service.   This is our God, that though we may feel we are surrounded by wicked, many are their sorrows, but if we will trust in Him,  His lovingkindness will surround us.

A - The application for  me is to make sure my trust is in the Lord during trying seasons.  Seasons where doubt , fear surround me, or the appearance of the wicked to be prospering around me.   This trust is a daily process when you are facing surrounding circumstances that seem less than ideal.  So daily I must come to the Lord in prayer and worship, placing my trust in Him.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your word today.  Help me to fully place my trust in you Lord,  and help me to see your lovingkindness that is surrounding me.   I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment