Sunday, May 13, 2012

Give the Lord praise in all things

Give the Lord praise in all things

S - Psalm 30:4-5 (NASB)

Sing praise to the Lord, you His godly ones,
And give thanks to His holy name.
For His anger is but for a moment,
His favor is for a lifetime;
Weeping may last for the night,
But a shout of joy comes in the morning.

O - Oh how often we forget to simply just sing praise to the Lord, because of who He is and because he deserves all honor and praise and glory.   David reminds us of the consistent character of  God, who though he may anger, he always brings salvation and forgiveness and we once again can rejoice in his Holy name. 

A - I must remember to daily give thanks, and sing praise to God and His Holy name,  despite my circumstances and feelings.  I must do this because there are seasons of anger, correction and shaping of me and my soul that God is doing lovingly for my good and I must learn to cooperate and remember who He is.  By giving thanks and singing praise I can remember what a graceful God he has been and is being and celebrate His trans formative work in my life.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your passionate pursuit of me.  I praise you know Lord for all that you are doing in my life and my families life, that you are shaping us and transforming us to be the people you know we can be.  I give you all honor and praise and glory.  In Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment