Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Reviving our weary souls

Reviving our weary souls
 S - Psalm 71
You who have shown me many troubles and distresses

Will revive me again,
And will bring me up again from the depths of the earth.

O - With God in our lives, there will be many seasons we travel with (or without him , its our choice).   He is faithful and consistent to be with us in both.   In many cases as we travel the troubles and distresses of our lives we press on not knowing the future, but assured that God is with us, He is faithful to His promises for us, and that we once again will be revived by Him.  Just as He rescued us from our sin, by grace, through His sons death on the cross, how much more will he rescue us from uncertain and weary circumstances that surround us.

A - In this season I now walk, I feel like I am walking through an emotional valley, in which my circumstances and environment do not show the peril that my soul feels it is in.   Our soul's are sensistive to the physical, emotional and spiritual seasons we traverse.   This verse written in hope by a weary man, shows the faith and committment I must have to follow through the process of walking with God daily, and allowing him to guide my steps and revive my soul.

P - Dear heavenly father, I come daily to you seeking your wisdom and guidance in your word,   seeking a whisper from the Holy Spirit, and a ministering to my soul which feels troubled.  I pray Lord that you revive me, and give me the spirit and confidence that comes in simply knowing you, and your love for me, and will for my life.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment