Thursday, May 31, 2012

Commit your plans to the Lord

Commit your plans to the Lord

S - Prov 16:1-3 (NAB)
The plans of the heart belong to man,
But the answer of the tongue is from the Lord.
All the ways of a man are clean in his own sight,
But the Lord weighs the [a]motives.
[b] Commit your works to the Lord
And your plans will be established.

O - What tension there lies between the creator and the created.   It seems to me that the man's tendency to want to act like God comes from the fact that we are created in his image, and are creative beings ourselves.  The wisdom Solomon departs on us here is that man's thoughts and motives are subject to incorrect thoughts and motives, and that the partnership with God is what is required to ensure you are aligned with your creator.   Whenever we separate ourselves from God in our own creation process we are subject to misalignment.   


A - The application for me is to recognize how often I have separated myself from God in the creative process of making plans for the future,  or placing dreams in my heart.   The words of my mouth, and passion of my heart are all in, especially in the moment of creation of the ideas, however in retrospect down the line I begin to see where my will and God's will or wisdom had departed.   Many times I have had to die to a dream that I planted in my heart because it made sense to my head, but was not rooted in the Lord.  It may not have even been neccesarily sin, evil, or bad, but just not aligned with the Father's plans.  The end in mind is to ensure I continue to express my creative gifting but ensure my words are inspired from the Lord,  ensure my motives are clean, and that in the end I commit all that I do to the Lord.


P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart. I pray Lord that you would examine my motives for plans I am still engaged in, and reveal to me any unpure motiuves.  I pray that plans for work I have in play now with would be committed to you.  I honestly am not sure I to ensure this is the case, but I dedicate all my work, home, and ministry to you, may it please you, and furthe the works of the kingdom here on earth.   I pray all this in Jesus name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment