Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The wisdom of humbleness

The wisdom of humbleness
 S -  Prov 10,11 (NASB)
Prov 10

When pride comes, then comes dishonor,
But with the humble is wisdom.

Prov 11
He who trusts in his riches will fall,
But the righteous will flourish like the green leaf.


O - Two basic tenets of the Christian life are to live humbly in spirit, trust in the Lords provision for your life.   What is amazing is these words, though God inspired, come from Solomon, the riches of Israel's king to ever live.   This supports the wisdom of this because who if not the King could be prideful, and who if not Solomon understands the trappings of riches.  


A -  The application for me is to continue to stave off some of the internal cravings I have that are flared up now and again, pride and concern for wealth.  The lesson I have learned in my life is that both have a very temporary satisfaction and are often followed by a valley of regret, sorrow and emptiness.  The truth of walking in humbleness (of who I am and who God is) and trusting in his perfect provision while at times is not easy but is wholly more satisfying.


P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you continue to reveal in me any proud ways, and that you would releave me of any false worries about money and your provision for my life.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment