Monday, April 30, 2012

A measure of my faith

 A measure of my faith
 S - Matthew 17:19-21 (NASB)
19 Then the disciples came to Jesus privately and said, “Why could we not drive it out?” 20 And He *said to them, “Because of the littleness of your faith; for truly I say to you, if you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there,’ and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you. 21[But this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.”


O -   Jesus says this statement of qualification of faith after the man brings his son who has a demon in him to Jesus.  The disciples earlier where not able to drive out the demon themselves.   Jesus seemingly rebukes all the people for their lack of faith, but later gets a chance to teach his disciples.  I appreciate the clarity Jesus brings that our faith is something to be measured and expanded all the days of our lives.  Like many things as a Christian we will fall short of Jesus but we are to reach for the standard he has set for us. We are guaranteed to be growing in our faith all the days of our lives.


A -  In this season I feel my faith being challenged.    I feel somewhat like the how I imagine the disciples must have felt when they went out on for ministry on their own.   They went out practicing all that Jesus had taught them and they likely had both successes and failures.   Their failures may have been disheartening, but ultimately was connected to their complete understanding of who Jesus is, and what the capability of our God is.   In this season I must continue to press in and expand my faith and understanding of who Jesus is, and how much He alone is whom I place my trust and confidence.  


P - Dear heavenly Father, I come with humble heart to your throne of grace, and pray that you would help me grow and strengthen my faith, so that I may walk a walk of faith that glorifies your name.   I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment