Friday, June 1, 2012

It is well with my soul... when...

It is well with my soul... when...

S  - Prov :21-23 (NASB)
Many plans are in a man’s heart,
But the counsel of the Lord will stand.
22 What is desirable in a man is his [o]kindness,
And it is better to be a poor man than a liar.
23 The [p] fear of the Lord leads to life,
So that one may sleep satisfied, [q] untouched by evil.

O -  What does satisfy a man's soul.  This is the question I am wrestling with today.  As I wrestle with it I hear God's wisdom through Solomon, that only God can answer that question.  Many are the plans inside each and every one of us, but only God knows which things will fulfill us, and more importantly fulfill his plans.  What the Lord finds desirable in us, is our   kindness and our love for God is love, and wishes all his creation to receive love and give love freely.   So how does one satisfy his soul:   Fear the lord,  submit your plans to the lord, and follow his counsel.


A - The application for me is simple,  I must lay down all my plans before the Lord and allow him to cut that which  is not from him, and counsel me to those that are from him.  I must embrace the kindness in me, and stay faithful to the truth that he has revealed to me, and most of all I must submit my life to him fearfully , so that my soul may be at peace, even when circumstances surrounding me are not at peace.  


P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's words of strength and encouragement.  My soul cries out for you lord to lead me in your ways, to free me from an plans that are unrighteous that live in me.   I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment