Wednesday, July 1, 2020

God's grace and mercy


S Titus 3:1-7 (NASB)
 Remind them to be subject to rulers, to authorities, to be obedient, to be ready for every good deed, to malign no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing every consideration for all men. For we also once were foolish ourselves, disobedient, deceived, enslaved to various lusts and pleasures, spending our life in malice and envy, hateful, hating one another. But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared, He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit, whom He poured out upon us richly through Jesus Christ our Savior, so that being justified by His grace we would be made heirs [a]according to the hope of eternal life.

O - A great reminder by Paul to Titus.  We must remember who we were, and how the Lord saved us from our foolish selves, by grace and not by our works.  We are to remember this so we may stay humble and aware of what those not saved have available to them, and not hold their foolishness against them.

A - The application is to truly appreciate the grace and mercy that God has shown us (me).  I was once foolish, and even after salvation have wandered back into my foolishness.  God does not rejoice in my wandering away from Him but His grace and mercy are the same, if I repent and turn back to Him and His ways He will make my path straight.

P - Dear heavenly father, thank you for today's word, may it be sealed to my heart.  I thank you so much for your grace and mercy.  I have been blessed to know your salvation, and learned to walk in your ways.  Despite this I still stumbled and strayed from your path.  Thank you for the correction and acceptance of me back into your arms.  I pray Lord you would lead me in healing of the wounds I caused because of my sins, and guide my path in my occupation so that I will not stray from your path for my life.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment