Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Sowing God's word and reaping His Harvest

S - Isaiah 55:10-11 (NASB)
“For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven,
And do not return there without watering the earth
And making it bear and sprout,
And furnishing seed to the sower and bread to the eater;
11 So will My word be which goes forth from My mouth;
It will not return to Me empty,
Without accomplishing what I desire,
And without succeeding in the matter for which I sent it.

O - This word from the prophet Isaiah speaks to the power of God's word.    It is the power to affect real change when we choose to allow it to rain down on us,  it will return from we who hear and abide a fruit of God's spirit.  This is a the simple principle of reap what you sow.  God's sow's in us , His word, and what grows and is harvested is God's will in and around our lives.

A  - The application is simple,  to be sure that everyday I am allowing God's word to sow in me and produce a crop which is abundant and God pleasing.  I do this through my daily devotions.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson , may it be sowed in my heart and yield an abundant Kingdom crop.  I pray all this in Jesus Christ name, Amen.
12 

No comments:

Post a Comment