Monday, July 13, 2020

God's new and eternal covenant

S-Hebrews 10:15-18(NASB)

15 The Holy Spirit also testifies to us about this. First he says:
16 “This is the covenant I will make with them
    after that time, says the Lord.
I will put my laws in their hearts,
    and I will write them on their minds.”[b]
17 Then he adds:
“Their sins and lawless acts
    I will remember no more.”[c]
18 And where these have been forgiven, sacrifice for sin is no longer necessary.

O - Paul is describing here what had occured when Christ came as the one true Priest who offered up the only truely effective sacrifice for our sins.  Prior to that God's people followed Priests and sacrifices that were merely symbolic of the one true Priest and His sacrifce.   But we should rejoice now that Jesus has came and offered the new covenant and to our great benefit instead of  working for our salvation He puts in our heads and hearts His laws,  and pays the full price for our sins, and in the end remembers our sins no more.

A -  The application for me is to be sooooo  grateful for God's grace.  I have fallen short and sinned, and have required forgiveness of these sins.   I know God is working in me to love and live by His laws which reflect how His kingdom is run.  I am thankful that I get to learn from my mistakes, and have understanding and respect for God and His perfect ways.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for the message today that you have given me through your word.  I pray Lord that my experiences would not be wasted but that in some means you could use me for your purposes, and that my past mistakes can be redeemed for your glory.  I pray all this in Jesus Christ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment