Friday, July 17, 2020

Trials and perseverance

S-James 1
Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters,[a] whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. If any of you lacks wisdom, you should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do.

O-the life of a believer is one of ever being shared into the image of Christ. Unfortunately there is no shortage of glasses to be removed and character to be shared. This is why paint tells us to consider it pure joy when we go through trials because he knows good will send out lifetime growing and shaping us because he cares for us, too much to leave us like we are,
.

A- the application for me is to recognize that good has been working on me for nearly 20 years, yet he is still working on me. I have some sins and flaws that good has allowed trials to reveal, and heal from.  Haven't just gone through a major trust I am so grateful to God for allowing me to survive these trials and strengthen me as a result of perseverance.

P-dear heavenly father, thank you for today's message, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord you make use of these past trials to continue to strengthen me and refine me into the man you need me and created me to be. I pray this in Jesus Christ name,,Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment