Tuesday, July 7, 2020

God, my strength and my portion forever

S - Psalm 73:12-15 (NASB)
Whom have I in heaven but You?
And [z]besides You, I desire nothing on earth.
26 My flesh and my heart may fail,
But God is the [aa]strength of my heart and my portion forever.
27 For, behold, those who are far from You will perish;
You have [ab]destroyed all those who [ac]are unfaithful to You.
28 But as for me, the nearness of God is my good;
I have made the Lord [ad]God my refuge,
That I may tell of all Your works.

O - David's heart for God is displayed here in the open.   To live a life desiring nothing on earth, but in your defeats and victories, the ability to recognize God is our strength.   David's heart is not to be like those who have been unfaithful to the Lord but to seek the nearness of the Lord.

A-  The application for me today is to desire a heart like David's.   I have experienced my flesh and my heart fail me, I have witnessed God's salvation and redemption of my life.  I have wandered into the evil parts of the world, far from God and I have felt God's correction.  Today I want to make God my refuge and stronghold.  

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's word, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you would be my fortress, my stronghold, and my redeemer.   I know Lord my flesh and heart failed me, and I have been cleaned and made new once again.  Help me to walk in your righteousness.  I pray all this in Jesus name.

No comments:

Post a Comment