Wednesday, July 8, 2020

Walking in God's truth

S-Psalm 101 (NASB)

I will sing of lovingkindness and [a]justice,
To You, O Lord, I will sing praises.
I will [b]give heed to the [c]blameless way.
When will You come to me?
I will walk within my house in the [d]integrity of my heart.
I will set no worthless thing before my eyes;
I hate the [e]work of those who fall away;
It shall not fasten its grip on me.
perverse heart shall depart from me;
I will know no evil.
Whoever secretly slanders his neighbor, him I will [f]destroy;
No one who has a haughty look and an arrogant heart will I endure.
My eyes shall be upon the faithful of the land, that they may dwell with me;
He who walks in a [g]blameless way is the one who will minister to me.
He who practices deceit shall not dwell within my house;
He who speaks falsehood shall not [h]maintain his position before me.
Every morning I will [i]destroy all the wicked of the land,
So as to cut off from the city of the Lord all those who do iniquity.

O- David's heart to positively follow God is one in which I wish to have a heart like David. Here we see him posturing himself before Godso that his ways were righteous and pleasing. By no means does this mean that David was perfect, only that hethe sought to a righteous life.

A- I myself having just come out of a dark season recognize the need for righteous living. By posturing my head and heart towards God's righteous ways I can begin to walk again in his light. I will do this by following David's example by putting nothing worthless before me. The things that I look at See and covet need to be things I would be okay with god seeing. In particular my eyes need to be looking towards fellow believers whose walk is strong and can be trusted to speak truth into my life.

P- dear heavenly father thank you for today's message me it be sealed to my heart. Lord I ask you to give me eyes that see your righteousness in the world, and give me the courage to look away from those things that are not pleasing to you. I pray all this in Jesus Christ's name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment