Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Walking in Godly manner

S - Titus 2:2 (NASB)
Older men are to be temperate, dignified, sensible, sound in faith, in love, in [a]perseverance.

O -This message to Titus is a reminder for how they were to conduct their lives.  Obviously man's nature has sin in it, but God has redeemed us through Christ and wishes us to live a better life than that which the fall of Adam brought about.

A - The application for me is to dissect and meditate on living a life that is temperate, dignified, sensible, sound in faith, in love, in perseverance.   Since I am now an older man I have no excuses, I can relate to each one of these traits,  I have lived them at one time or another, and have examples of people who have been in my life who have exampled these traits.  I need only check myself periodically to be sure the draw of a life which seeks worldly treasures or wordly glory, or worldly pleasures will draw me away from this godly living.

P - Lord thank you for today's word, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord you help me walk out these day's ahead in your perfect plan for my life.  Help me to to look to you for guidance and correction if necessary, and help me to resist the temptations of this world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment