Monday, July 20, 2020

Faith through works

S-James 2:14-17 NIV
14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

O- James is making his famous plea that faith without good deeds is dead.  Now this was likely the message to the local church at the time who became internally focused.   Yes they had the saving knowledge and love of Jesus Christ. But they were likely stuck being focused on themselves.

A- the application for me is to evaluate my own faith in this season.  I c am coming out of a all time low in my faith and I am seeing my faith be restored, first by my relationship with the Lord through my devotions.  Now is the time I must her James's exhortation to not let my faith grow stagnate in good thoughts but be active in my faith by good works.

P Dear heavenly father thank you for today's lesson may it be sealed to my heart.  Lord I pray you show me where I am to put my hands to work so that my faith may grow and be visible to those around me. I pray all this in Jesus Christ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment