Monday, July 6, 2020

Be encouraged by one another

S- Hebrews 3:12-13 (NASB)
12 Take care, brethren, that there not be in any one of you an evil, unbelieving heart [c]that falls away from the living God. 13 But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called “Today,” so that none of you will be hardened by the deceitfulness of sin. 14 For we have become partakers of Chris

O - This advice from Paul to the church at Jerusalem is one that had been communicated throughout the generations of God's people from the time of Adam.   God knows sin seperates us from Him, and that is not His desire (separation) but rather reconciliation and redemption.  Today we have Jesus to be our reconciler and redeemer, but we must every day be encouraged by one another, so that we don't slip into sin, which hardens our heart.

A -  The application for me is to see and confess my own hardened heart and the need for forgiveness and reconciliation.   Even while I walked the same path, attending church, reading God's word,and appearing to be outwardly God loving,  I was steeped in sin as I did things in the dark away from view of my family,  yet not out of view of God.  I wandered this direction alone, not surrounded by fellow believers that encouraged me day after day.  My application is to put Godly people back into my life, to speak truth in love into my life.

P - Dear Heavenly Father, thank you Lord for your heart to see me reconciled once again to you.  My initial salvation through Christ was not the end of your grace, but you continue to allow me to be redeemed through Christ as I walk my christian walk.   I pray Lord you let me know who those people I need to have in my life are and help me develop deep relationships that are encouraging to one another and help us avoid the deceitfulness of sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment