Thursday, July 30, 2020

Relation of Jesus Christ

S-  John 1:12-13    (NASB)
 12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name, 13 who were [i]born, not of [j]blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

O -  This is John's description of who Jesus was as he came amongst us.  In John 1 he reveals that Jesus was with God from the beginning, through creation, and all of the old testament times, but now he is amongst and those who believe in Him,  are born again through the spirit of God and not through any effort of man.

A - The application for me is to rejoice in God's revelation to us, His son, who came to restore a relationship with God and me.   I have worked hard most of my life to do good and be good, but along the way have stumbled and fallen in the wrong direction many times.  The person of Jesus is amazing to me, that he came and walked amongst us , taught a few,  died for our sins and know in heaven representing to God all those that believe in Him and call him Lord.   

P -  Thank you Lord for your revelation of who Jesus Christ is, and thank you Jesus for all you have done to restore my relationship with God by erasing all my past sins and giving me a new spirit to walk in.   I pray Lord you continue to reveal to me more of who Jesus is and sanctify me more and more that I may be a true child of God.   I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment