Friday, July 3, 2020

Seek God in all things, don't stray from His ways

S - 2 Chron 26:5 (NASB)
He continued to seek God in the days of Zechariah, who had understanding [c]through the vision of God; and [d]as long as he sought the Lord, God prospered him.
...
16 But when he became strong, his heart was so [m]proud that he acted corruptly, and he was unfaithful to the Lord his God, for he entered the temple of the Lord to burn incense on the altar of incense. 17 Then Azariah the priest entered after him and with him eighty priests of the Lord, valiant men. 18 They opposed Uzziah the king and said to him, “It is not for you, Uzziah, to burn incense to the Lordbut for the priests, the sons of Aaron who are consecrated to burn incense. Get out of the sanctuary, for you have been unfaithful and will have no honor from the Lord God.”

O - King Uzziah started off well, doing what is right in the sight of the Lord, but did not finish well.  When he became strong, hubris set in and his actions became no longer pleasing to the Lord, and he did what God had set aside for the Priests to do.

A - The application for me is to recognize my own tendency to not finish well.  I must not let God's promotion of me to get to my head, and I must guard my heart against hubris and not let familiarity to promotion get to my head where I think it is from me and not from the Lord.   I must in the end seek the Lord in all circumstances.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's word, may it be sealed to my heart.  Lord I am so sorry for the times I have wandered from your path, and pray you would help me stay corrected to your ways for my life.  I pray that you would help me to always seek you on a daily basis to ensure my direction is your direction, and my ways , your ways.  I pray all this in Jesus Christ name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment