Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Worship in heaven

S - Revelations 4

Song -Crystal Lewis

Worship in Heaven

4 Then as I looked, I saw a door standing open in heaven, and the same voice I had heard before spoke to me like a trumpet blast. The voice said, “Come up here, and I will show you what must happen after this.” 2 And instantly I was in the Spirit, position: relative; vertical-align: top;a] and I saw a throne in heaven and someone sitting on it. 3 The one sitting on the throne was as brilliant as gemstones—like jasper and carnelian. And the glow of an emerald circled his throne like a rainbow. 4 Twenty-four thrones surrounded him, and twenty-four elders sat on them. They were all clothed in white and had gold crowns on their heads. 5 From the throne came flashes of lightning and the rumble of thunder. And in front of the throne were seven torches with burning flames. This is the sevenfold Spirit position: relative; xof God. 6 In front of the throne was a shiny sea of glass, sparkling like crystal.

In the center and around the throne were four living beings, each covered with eyes, front and back. 7 The first of these living beings was like a lion; the second was like an ox; the third had a human face; and the fourth was like an eagle in flight. 8 Each of these living beings had six wings, and their wings were covered all over with eyes, inside and out. Day after day and night after night they keep on saying,

“Holy, holy, holy is the Lord God, the Almighty—
    the one who always was, who is, and who is still to come.”

9 Whenever the living beings give glory and honor and thanks to the one sitting on the throne (the one who lives forever and ever), 10 the twenty-four elders fall down and worship the one sitting on the throne (the one who lives forever and ever). And they lay their crowns before the throne and say,

11 “You are worthy, O Lord our God,
    to receive glory and honor and power.
For you created all things,
    and they exist because you created what you pleased.”

O - my only observations here which isn't really insignificant  but it is simple and significant. All of my adult Christian Life I have in seeking for great worship to participate in, and here we have John's revelation of those who are in God's presence in heaven worshipping him. It is not surprising this description is somewhat foreign to us because the truth is we can't imagine with our own mind what it means to be in the presence of God. What we can do is take John's word recognize it is revelation of what is to come for us and sit in all and wonder of our God who sits on his throne in heaven.

A- the application for me is to understand that God is with me today in my heart through his Holy Spirit and I can participate in worship with them here on Earth. That is sufficient for now but there is something more great to come. My soul longs to be a part of this Worship in heaven with all the great Saints and all the heavenly Creatures that bow down before him calling him King of Kings Lord of lords. The best I can hope for here on Earth is that I would experience moments of worship similar to that seen here in Revelations.

P- dear heavenly father thank you for your Revelation this morning through your word and through your spirit I feel uplifted understanding what it must be to Worship in your presence. Lord I pray that you help me to grow in this understanding and knowledge so that I might be filled with the joy that comes from being in your presence here on Earth Lord so that I might step out in faith and strength in who you are in me, so I might serve your purpose here on Earth as it is in heaven. I pray all of this in Jesus Christ name amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment