Sunday, August 27, 2017

Seven habits to the seven nations

Seven habits to the seven nations
 S - Revelations 1
I, John, your brother and companion in the suffering and kingdom and patient endurance that are ours in Jesus, was on the island of Patmos because of the word of God and the testimony of Jesus. 10 On the Lord’s Day I was in the Spirit, and I heard behind me a loud voice like a trumpet, 11 which said: “Write on a scroll what you see and send it to the seven churches: to Ephesus, Smyrna, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis,Philadelphia and Laodicea.

O - My observation is that John recognizes as he writes the book of revelations  he recognizes he needs to explain who the author is and that it's message which may be difficult to hear or understand is directly from the spirit of God.   More specifically it needs to go out to the seven example churches so that this revelation message can help them to lead the church of the future.  My observation is this is a critical message for the future Church of God to here and like God, it is timeless and clear in its direction.

A -  The application for me is to see how this ties into my calling to develop leaders and  teach them habits of highly effective christians.   Perhaps this book of revelations is god's lesson to the seven churches on how to lead the church. 

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for your spirit pouring out on me today, help me to know how to temper this to stay aligned to your timing and my physical limits.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment