Monday, August 14, 2017

How to decide what to pray for

How to decide what to pray for
S John 17
25 “I have spoken of these matters in figures of speech, but soon I will stop speaking figuratively and will tell you plainly all about the Father. 26 Then you will ask in my name. I’m not saying I will ask the Father on your behalf, 27 for the Father himself loves you dearly because you love me and believe that I came from God.b]"28 Yes, I came from the Father into the world, and now I will leave the world and return to the Father.”

O- I love this verse as it shows quite clearly that Jesus is our high priest to intercede for us between God and man. Heelys it out clearly that we are to ask but, he is not saying you will always ask what we ask. He of course plays the role of intercessor and therefore knows the heart of the father and our heart and would not allow selfish sinful requests to be translated to the father but instead work with us to check our own hearts. Other notable item is just the fact that the father directly loves each and everyone of us dearly and it is because we believe Jesus came from God. Yes we are reconnected with him through Jesus.

A- the application for me is to remain in close relationship with Jesus. As I process things in this world decide what I'm going to do, what I'm going to meditate on, and what I am just going to bring to Jesus, this balance of my role and Jesus's role in God's role in my life becomes clear. I am to have the conversation with Jesus about my concerns and fears and then through dialogue make the wise prayer request to God the Father. It is through this process I can be discipled by Christ as well as do God's kingdom work here on Earth.

P-dear heavenly father thank you Lord for these words of knowledge words of wisdom and words of inspiration that you have given me. I pray that you would help make it a habit of mine to threw a relationship with your son Jesus process all of the things that are going on in my life working on the things that are mine to work on giving the things that are I should hand over to Jesus to him and above all involving you in my life by presenting my request to you on the areas I just need help in things only you can do. I pray this in Jesus Christ name amen,.

No comments:

Post a Comment