Thursday, August 31, 2017

A high priest in heaven, a fleet of priests her on earth


S - rev 5
And when he took the scroll, the four living beings and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp, and they held gold bowls filled with incense, which are the prayers of God’s people. 9 And they sang a new song with these words:

“You are worthy to take the scroll
    and break its seals and open it.
For you were slaughtered, and your blood has ransomed people for God
    from every tribe and language and people and nation.
10 And you have caused them to become
    a Kingdom of priests for our God.
    And they will reign on the earth.”

O- my observation today is may be shallow but I know Revelations is deep in meaning.  In this setting we see Jesus the Lamb of God in heaven opening up the scroll and I'm thinking that scroll is list of those who are saved. And those who are saved ie who give themselves to Christ to become children of God they will now represent the high priesthood on Earth,  answer the high priest in heaven Jesus. You see in the Old Testament times the high priest for out of the family of Aaron or the Levites and were chosen because of they were born into it. Their leadership and intercession for the people of Israel at times was good but always seem to find a way to deteriorate. God's Eternal plan was to have Jesus be our high priest hand those who serve under him on Earth R Us who have been born again into this priesthood. What that means is we are given the responsibility than as Christians who are saved to go forth and do the work of the savior. That work is that of a priest who intercedes for those people who are separated from God. We as Christians are to attempts to close that Gap by letting people know who God is what Jesus Christ has done for our life and walking them towards God the Father and Jesus the son.

A - the application for me is just understand my role here on Earth. I have a Colleen based on my being saved and now Jesus Christ is my Lord. My Lord desires that I serve him here on Earth as his representative and therefore in my daily activities I must keep that perspective in the Forefront then dealing with people when correcting people when loving people.

P- dear heavenly father I asked that you would just help me Lord in this season I'm in to stay focused to stay aligned with you and to fulfill the calling you were calling me to be as a Christian here on Earth as a leader here in the Navy in the shipyard in this town in Bremerton and Lord I would just ask that you would just grant me peace and wisdom to lead your people both those that know you and those that don't. In Jesus Christ name I pray amen.

O-

No comments:

Post a Comment