Saturday, August 5, 2017

Knowing the truth and voice of God

Knowing the truth and voice of God
S-John 7
Then, midway through the festival, Jesus went up to the Temple and began to teach. 15 The people were surprised when they heard him. “How does he know so much when he hasn’t been trained?” they asked.

16 So Jesus told them, “My message is not my own; it comes from God who sent me. 17 Anyone who wants to do the will of God will know whether my teaching is from God or is merely my own. 18 Those who speak for themselves want glory only for themselves, but a person who seeks to honor the one who sent him speaks truth, not lies. 19 Moses gave you the law, but none of you obeys it! In fact, you are trying to kill me.

O- the scripture that Jesus is speaking about that the people did not follow was the law. Now we see the people questioning if Jesus who is bringing directly the truth from God to them still do not believe we can understand how God loving fearing and seeking people will know God's message when they hear it. The barriers to being able to receive God's word are often the sins in our own lives, the distractions in this world and our own worries and concerns. When we are focused on listening for God and honoring God in what we do his word becomes clear to us.

A- the application for me is to understand and reflect on the previous dry season I spent both struggling to hear God's voice yet Desperately Seeking him. I can recognize only now that it was my distraction by things of this world, the battle in my mind with sinful thoughts, and anxieties and worries that came from wanting the world to accept me and not being satisfied that God loves and accepts me. The application for me today is to spend my daily time examining my environment my thoughts and my motives confessing and repenting anything that isn't pointed to God and more importantly everything that is pointing away from God. I need to ensure I am grounded in this truth so that as I face the challenges ahead I can't endure and even more so Thrive because I know I am seeking God hearing God and most importantly serving him in all that I do.

P- dear heavenly father thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart. I pray Lord that you would reveal in me any on pure thoughts that remain that you would show me what Idols are navy chasing and Lord any sins I need to repent. I confess Lord it did not do so well in the last season to resist sinful thoughts and trust in you and look to honor and glorify you in what I was doing. Thank you for your grace for your provision and for the future that you have planned for me, I pray this in Jesus name amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment