Friday, August 11, 2017

Servant leadership exampled

Servant leadership exampled
S-JOHN 13
He said to them, “Do you know what I have done to you? 13 You call Me Teacher and Lord; and you are right, for so I am. 14 If I then, the Lord and the Teacher, washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet. 15 For I gave you an example that you also should do as I did to you. 16Truly, truly, I say to you, a slave is not greater than his master, nor is one who is sent greater than the one who sent him. 17 If you know these things, you are blessed if you do them.

O - My observation today is Jesus' example of servant leadership. It was revolutionary at the time and it is still revolutionary today.  We all have to remember the reason we are willing to be servants is because we all serve a God who is much greater than us he is our master . Jesus reminds us that even he was sent by the father and came to serve and not be served. Finally he leaves it as an example for his disciples to to choose to follow his example and serve one another because he has served them. The act of washing an others feet was a great example and humbleness in service.

A-   The application has been one in which I am trying to both develop the personal habit of servant leadership and describe so that others can understand what it means. I must first look introspectively them to understand the challenges of being a servant leader.   Self interest is often the driving factor that drives us away from the knowledge and practice of the truth of  servant leadership. When our needs or circumstances around us cause us to think in a scarcity manner we have a hard time serving.  An example is when we are hungry and without money with it is hard to in that moment to want to serve others. Once the basic needs are cared for we have an opportunity to move forward but beyond basic needs  of health security and protection.  We can focus on next level needs to be wanted and feel useful and full of purpose.   When I look at times in my life when I was drawn to self preservation and away from servant leadership it was times of crisis in which I didn't have enough capacity my soul and I feared for my own self destruction. When I allow the peace of God to rest on me when I put my faith in Christ when I understand he has a good plan for me and he has me in his palm I realize his yoke is easy and his burden is light,  my life light then once again is restored to a place I am able to focus on serving others .

P - dear heavenly father thank you Lord for today for your abundant provision in my life for lifting the fog of depression in for a lift in the weight of my own self interest off of my shoulders. I pray Lord that you would continue to do that on the way forward and help me to understand how I can travel through times of stress without turning to my own self interest.I pray also Lord that you help me to understand this lesson in a way that it is sealed to my heart and that I would share can share with others so that they may benefit from one for knowledge and relationship with you and might feel the freedom of living for and serving our great God. In Jesus name I pray amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment