Thursday, August 24, 2017

The, or ever present help

S. Jerimiah 33
3 Ask me and I will tell you remarkable secrets you do not know about things to come. 4 For this is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: You have torn down the houses of this city and even the king’s palace to get materials to strengthen the walls against the siege ramps and swords of the enemy. 5 You expect to fight the Babylonians,but the men of this city are already as good as dead, for I have determined to destroy them in my terrible anger. I have abandoned them because of all their wickedness.

6 “Nevertheless, the time will come when I will heal Jerusalem’s wounds and give it prosperity and true peace. 7 I will restore the fortunes of Judah and Israel and rebuild their towns. 8 I will cleanse them of their sins against me and forgive all their sins of rebellion. 9 Then this city will bring me joy, glory, and honor before all the nations of the earth! The people of the world will see all the good I do for my people, and they will tremble with awe at the peace and prosperity I provide for them.

10 “This is what the Lord says: You have said, ‘This is a desolate land where people and animals have all disappeared.’ Yet in the empty streets of Jerusalem and Judah’s other towns, there will be heard once more 11 the sounds of joy and laughter. The joyful voices of bridegrooms and brides will be heard again, along with the joyous songs of people bringing thanksgiving offerings to the Lord. They will sing,

‘Give thanks to the Lord of Heaven’s Armies,
    for the Lord is good.
    His faithful love endures forever!’

O -the description here is of God's people and  there banishment to Babylon, this was followed by God's plan for rescue and restoration.  Good based on his character and quality is trust worthy and true to his promises to never abandon or forsake us, despite our periodic sin and rebellion. 

A - the application for me is to recognize the parallel to my own recent season.   I felt vanished and hopeless to ever being rescued, and toiled many days, to find my sin and repent,.to Seek God and hear his voice, but in my valley low, I felt no relief.  As a I sit here now in reflection of where I am today (Puget 300), on travel to Bahrain, feeling blessed and provided for, as well as called to serve God for His purpose I know now He will always have my back, for he knows the plans he has for me, plans for me to prosper, not plans for my demise.

P -.  Dear Heavenly father thank you for you, inspiration through your written word,. And for your ever present Spirit inside of me. Lord I I ask that you help me remember this season and  the rise up and in the valley , should I ever experienced another Valley season help me to remember this perspective .  In Jesus Name I pray Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment