Monday, August 7, 2017

God's perspective is always better than ours

God's perspective is always better than ours
S  -john 9

1 As He passed by, He saw a man blind from birth. 2 And His disciples asked Him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he would be born blind?” 3 Jesus answered, “It was neither that this man sinned, nor his parents; but it was so that the works of God might be displayed in him. 4 We must work the works of Him who sent Me as long as it is day; night is coming when no one can work. 

O- These are the words of Jesus after he healed a man who was blind from birth. His disciples wanted to know what sin caused the blindness. His answer is a revealing one and shows our perspective versus God's perspective on many things. First our perspective is often what did I do wrong or what did they do wrong that they are receiving this punishment. God sees what he's about to do and the good works he in store and even the worst of circumstances. We know he is able to work all things for his good through Christ Jesus.

A-. The application for me is to reflect on Seasons past in my own life where I thought Lord show me my sin that I might have this pain or trial removed from me. But it is now that I understand that our pain is just waiting for God's perfect plan to redeem and glorify his name. That does not mean that God is a masochist who likes to see his people in pain, it only means that his perspective is greater than ours because he knows the future and a hope for his people. We have been reading quite a bit about the Israelites before they were sent to Exile in Babylon. There was great pain and gnashing of teeth, and even great sin, yet we look at the glory that came out of this exile return and eventually the birth of the Christ.

P-dear heavenly father thank you Lord for his passage out of John thank you for your reminder of your future and a hope for me for my family, and for the world. Lord I pray that you would open my eyes to see the challenges that lie ahead and and the ability to walk in peace and joy through the seasons that both challenge me and glorify you , I pray this in Jesus Christ name amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment