Wednesday, August 16, 2017

God's level 5 Christians

Gods level 5 leaders

S - Psalm 112

How joyful are those who fear the Lord
    and delight in obeying his commands.
2 Their children will be successful everywhere;
    an entire generation of godly people will be blessed.
3 They themselves will be wealthy,
    and their good deeds will last forever.
4 Light shines in the darkness for the godly.
    They are generous, compassionate, and righteous.
5 Good comes to those who lend money generously
    and conduct their business fairly.
6 Such people will not be overcome by evil.
    Those who are righteous will be long remembered.
7 They do not fear bad news;
    they confidently trust the Lord to care for them.
8 They are confident and fearless
    and can face their foes triumphantly.
9 They share freely and give generously to those in need.
    Their good deeds will be remembered forever.
    They will have influence and honor.
10 The wicked will see this and be infuriated.
    They will grind their teeth in anger;
    they will slink away, their hopes thwarted.

O - This entire Psalm  extremely motivates me. It describes the man I want to be and I know God is creating me to be. No I am not there yet but I can see God carving out his image in me through the experiences and lessons he is teaching me. I understand now that the important thing is to fear the lord and truly delite in obeying his commands. It is from this place that we can be the best of who we are and the best of who God intends us to be. The words of this song describe in vivid detail what it means to be a level 5 leader. That term comes from a book by Collins on what it takes to have great leadership and Lead great organizations, level 5 leaders distinguished themselves from the rest and have very distinct characteristics. I believe God is creating level 5 Christians who are by definition are God's level 5 leaders. In my heart's desire is to be used by God to be one of those leaders, to work alongside other level 5 leaders, and to raise up level 5 leaders for the future

A- The application for me is simply this , to add this to my Psalms to study and emulate the characteristics of a level 5 Christian. I need to break this down and understand how God has already shown us in the Bible level 5 Christians and how they went on to be level five leaders, my thoughts go to Abraham and Moses and David. For me it'll be a application of study and practice until it becomes muscle memory and God's DNA is in me.

P- Dear heavenly father Lord I Thank you for all that you have done in my life I see now that through the highs and lows through the good times and the trials you have been with me. Thank you for showing such Grace and love that you are willing to continue to work with me despite my shortcomings. I pray in the season of leadership that you would give me the strength to be a level 5 leader if not through my own muscle memory than Lord through your Holy Spirit and guidance and favor. I pray all this in Jesus Christ's name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment