Sunday, August 6, 2017

A lesson in patient endurance

A lesson in patient endurance

S -Habukka 2
1
I will climb up to my watchtower
    and stand at my guardpost.
There I will wait to see what the Lord says
    and how he  will answer my complaint.

O- this is habakkuk observation after he puts his requests to God about why God is allowing so many bad things to happen to his people and supporting and the Babylonians in there less than holy Pursuit. Habakkuk boldly ask God to answer his question hand in Chapter 2 here we see his posture was not on of arrogance but one of patience. He said he would stand and wait stand guard and not make him move in till he Lord give him an answer he can act on.

A-. Are two-faced a dark season where I wondered what God was doing as so many things around me seemed not too good. I still sought-after God but can honestly confess I was not as faithful of watch danger as habakkuk. I am encouraged by have a Cook's words though in the future to continue to bring my request to God but to stand strong and tall in the guard posts God has placed me and work on my patient endurance while I wait for his reply.

P-dear Emily father thank you for being before during and after my problems. Thank you for habakkuk is example of what a faithful watch stander in Your Kingdom looks like. I pray Lord in the future that you would help me to grow my patience and my endurance in a manner that honors you so that when I face seasons of waiting and seasons of trial I might glorify you and how I react. I pray all this in Jesus name amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment