Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Good Shepherd and His Sheep


S John 7
 Good Shepherd and His Sheep

10 “I tell you the truth, anyone who sneaks over the wall of a sheepfold, rather than going through the gate, must surely be a thief and a robber! 2 But the one who enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 The gatekeeper opens the gate for him, and the sheep recognize his voice and come to him. He calls his own sheep by name and leads them out.4 After he has gathered his own flock, he walks ahead of them, and they follow him because they know his voice. 5 They won’t follow a stranger; they will run from him because they don’t know his voice.”

6 Those who heard Jesus use this illustration didn’t understand what he meant, 7 so he explained it to them: “I tell you the truth, I am the gate for the sheep. 8 All who came before mea]"] were thieves and robbers. But the true sheep did not listen to them. 9 Yes, I am the gate. Those who come in through me will be saved They will come and go freely and will find good pastures. 10 The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.

O-every time I read this I am always get it wrong I think Jesus is the GateKeeper because that is who has to discern who are robbers and thieves. Or I think he is the shepherd who goes to the gate and asks the gatekeeper to let him in. But this time around I'm starting to see in this parable Jesus truly is saying he is the gate that no one enters the kingdom of God except through him. And because he is God he knows who is Faking It and who is not. The robbers and thieves he speaks of here are the leaders of Israel the Pharisees and the Sadducees. He says the true sheep do not listen to them but wait for the true Shepherd. He is the true Shepherd and the gate, now when people come to him they know his voice those who are called by God respond and he shows them the way.

A- the application for me if is not exactly simple but it is simplistic in nature. God is calling people to him and Jesus is the way. Now I may not be able two let people in the kingdom of God but I can leave them to the one who is the way. The second thing I must understand is that it is God who was calling them whose voice they need to know otherwise they are still just lost sheep looking for a good shepherd. In this world today there are many false Shepherds in which in which people are seeking someone to follow but Chase many false profits four Idols such as money wealth Fame recognition. So the application for me is to share what I know of the father to pray for people that God would call them to him to leave them to the truth and understanding of Jesus Christ and help them find the way.

P-DEAR heavenly father thank you for today's message you always come through and I trust in you. Today's message helps me understand who you are and who Jesus is better Lord help me to use this knowledge and understanding to leave the lost children that you are calling back to you to Jesus help me lower first and foremost with my own children I pray for Ashley and Chloe that they would get to know you more and everything they do Lord and that they would know your voice and they would come to the feet of Jesus and he would show them the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment