Thursday, August 17, 2017

Discerning God's true leaders l

Discerning God's true leaders

S  Jeremiah 23
25 “I have heard these prophets say, ‘Listen to the dream I had from God last night.’ And then they proceed to tell lies in my name. 26 How long will this go on? If they are prophets, they are prophets of deceit, inventing everything they say. 27 By telling these false dreams, they are trying to get my people to forget me, just as their ancestors did by worshiping the idols of Baal.

28 “Let these false prophets tell their dreams,
    but let my true messengers faithfully proclaim my every word.
    There is a difference between straw and grain!
29 Does not my word burn like fire?”
    says the Lord.
“Is it not like a mighty hammer
    that smashes a rock to pieces?

O - the scripture from Jeremiah is both timely and relevant for me today but I will get to that more in my application of the scripture. This scripture is at a time that the Prophet Jeremiah is speaking to the people of Israel who are being exiled and those left behind that soon there will be many false prophets that come and deceive you and by telling you there are ways in which you can be saved. However for Israel there was only one way and that was God's way. God needed to break them up there habits of turning to false idols and false prophets instead of turning to him and His prophets.

A- the application for me is that today I'm facing a new job and a new leadership role in the shipyard. I am organizing my thoughts and getting ready to cast a vision for the Department that helps this entire Shipyard move forward. However I have leaders of differing vision and prophecy. There in particular is a leader who is a man of God but is of the old school in the shipyard. His perspective is helpful for me because I think it's grounded in the right heart and Truth I am just not sure if he is speaking from God or from his past. Others in my leadership Circle also have history and vision, and they are the new leadership and group that will lead the shipyard in the future years. My role now my challenge is to discern which one is a true Messenger because I know that that word will smash all other things into pieces. It needs to be god-centered God inspired leadership that takes us forward no other way can end in the fruit that God wishes to produce here in Puget Sound.

P- dear heavenly father thank you Lord for this day for the scripture that you have given me as it is timely as my heart is being checked in building relationships and learning who the people of Puget Sound Naval Shipyard R. In particular Lord I pray that you give me discernment and guidance let your spirit be upon me as I make the decisions on who who's trust to invest in and who's course to correct I know Lord you have a plan and I am watching those plans come together right before my eyes and I give you thanks and praise for everything that you are doing here in my life in the ship yours life in the Navy's future and I just pray for our country that you would continue to lead us as your people to be lights in the world. In Jesus name I pray amen

No comments:

Post a Comment