Monday, July 17, 2017

When you stray , return to the lord and rest in Him

When you stray , return to the lord and rest in Him
S - Isaiah 30
“What sorrow awaits my rebellious children,”
    says the Lord.
“You make plans that are contrary to mine.
    You make alliances not directed by my Spirit,
    thus piling up your sins.
2 For without consulting me,
    you have gone down to Egypt for help.
You have put your trust in Pharaoh’s protection.
    You have tried to hide in his shade.

...

15 This is what the Sovereign Lord,
    the Holy One of Israel, says:
“Only in returning to me
    and resting in me will you be saved.
In quietness and confidence is your strength.

O-  These words from Isaiah are to a God's people after they had once again wandered away from Him, and were doing many things not good for their relationship with God and just plain not good for themselves.  Now this is from a people who have history of God saving them and giving them good direction and delivering on his promises, but over time they slowly fade away.   Isaiah is letting them know why they are where there at , and the only solution they have -  to return to the lord,  rest in Him - because in this quietness in Him,  you will hear God and only God,  and your confidence and strength will be restored.

A -  The application for me is just to recognize my self in this past season.   I felt I walked into the season with great favor and readiness and yet some how walked out of it exhausted and directionless.  I recognize I too just like the Israelites began to make my own plans contrary to God's,  I fought against God, who was not surprised about my circumstances (promotion, move to CSP etc) but that it did not line up with how I envisioned the whole tour in PH going.  I was working with alliances not directed by God's spirit, and doing things out of my own instinct without consulting God.     It is in this period between Pearl and Puget, in which I am jobless and homeless that I have begun to return to the rest in the lord, and in this quiteness He is restoring me,  both my confidence and my strength.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for your rest and restoration.  I am thankful for your consistent and persistent love and grace as I walk this life.   My hearts desire is to stay aligned with you in all that I do, to learn and grow with you all the days of my life.  I pray ahead in this season that you would keep me close,  correct me quickly but gently, and help me to fullfil your purpose for me to love how you love the people you place in my life.   In Jesus, name Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment