Saturday, July 22, 2017

The joy we have to look forward to

The joy we have to look forward to
S 1 Peter
6 So be truly glad. There is wonderful joy ahead, even though you must endure many trials for a little while. 7 These trials will show that your faith is genuine. It is being tested as fire tests and purifies gold—though your faith is far more precious than mere gold. So when your faith remains strong through many trials, it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.
...

13 So prepare your minds for action and exercise self-control. Put all your hope in the gracious salvation that will come to you when Jesus Christ is revealed to the world. 14 So you must live as God’s obedient children. Don’t slip back into your old ways of living to satisfy your own desires. You didn’t know any better then. 15 But now you must be holy in everything you do, just as God who chose you is holy. 16 For the Scriptures say, “You must be holy because I am holy.

O - The scripture seems to be a lovely exhortation to the life of good christian living and what to expect and how to thrive.    Peter speaks to the people who now know the joy of salvation but will face trials ahead which will test and strengthen their faith.

A-  Peter also leaves us advice on preparing our minds and exercising self control to endure the trials ahead.   I am to live as obedient child to God's direction and will for my live,  in an effort to please God, and not fall back to satisfying my own desires.  

P - Lord my prayer is that you would help me build on the foundation of faith  you have given me through enduring trials and waiting patiently on the Lord.  Help me to restore and refresh my marriage, and relationships that lapsed during this past trials,  and help me live with a renewed spirit of joy and peace over your hand on my life.  I pray all of this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment