Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Christ, the real deal

Christ, the real deal
S - Hebrews 9
24 For Christ did not enter into a holy place made with human hands, which was only a copy of the true one in heaven. He entered into heaven itself to appear now before God on our behalf. 25 And he did not enter heaven to offer himself again and again, like the high priest here on earth who enters the Most Holy Place year after year with the blood of an animal.26 If that had been necessary, Christ would have had to die again and again, ever since the world began. But now, once for all time, he has appeared at the end of the age to remove sin by his own death as a sacrifice.

O -  The author of Hebrews (and the Holy Spirit) makes so clear the difference in the old convenant and the new,  the old priest and the new.   God when passing on the design for the tabernacle to Moses knew he was replicating on earth what is in heaven, but also knew it would never be as perfect as it is in heaven.    He knew he used earthly priests, and animal blood to represent what would need to occur in heaven.   But the beauty of Christ, shedding his blood once and for all to pay the price for all mankind,  shows how perfect and complete our High Priest in heaven is.  We can have confidence that once and for all it is finished.   

A -  The application for me is to help me maintain the perspective that i have right at this moment,  that Christ work is complete,  His work in me continues, but I will never again lose relationship with Him, the Father, and the Holy Spirit.  It is through this relationship that I will be able to live in a world that is still broken, with a enemy that is very real, and persistent in pursuing to distract and seperate me from God.   

P -  Dear heavenly Father, thank you for what you have done for me,  once and for all dieing for my sins, and allowing me to have this close relationship with you.   I feel so undeserving at times, and I know I didn't earn one cent of what Christ did for me.  Thank you Jesus, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment