Friday, July 21, 2017

Guard against pride, givening all the Glory to God

Guard against pride, givening all the Glory to God
S-2 Chronicles 32
24 About that time Hezekiah became deathly ill. He prayed to the Lord, who healed him and gave him a miraculous sign. 25 But Hezekiah did not respond appropriately to the kindness shown him, and he became proud. So the Lord’s anger came against him and against Judah and Jerusalem. 26 Then Hezekiah humbled himself and repented of his pride, as did the people of Jerusalem. So the Lord’s anger did not fall on them during Hezekiah’s lifetime.

O-  Here we see Hezekiah a King that was favored by the Lord and was trying to do things right to lead God's people who becomes ill , prays to the Lord and is healed.   BUT .... he didn't respond correctly most likely a prideful act that did not give God the glory for his healing.   As a result God responded by coming against him, after which the King had to repent and was humbled.    Thankfully Hezekiah had a good relationship with God,  he both healed him and corrected Him,  this is our God willing to help us, but also like a good Father, will correct us.

A - THe application for me is to recognize that the Lord has healed me and help me through my last season.   I need to be sure I give Him all the glory for what has been done in my life.   I also need to keep my pride in check, because I am no better than Hezekiah, in that when I am weak I cry out and wait on the Lord to deliver me, but when I become healthy and strong I begin reaching beyond God's plan, and begin transferring confidence in my success from Him to me.   I must guard my heart and mind from pride and maintain a humble spirit.   I can do this if I daily stay close to Him,  seek His guidance in both pray and devotions, and  proclaim His goodness to all who are in my life.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.   Lord I know I am susceptible to pride, help me to experience the joy and peace of being in your will and walking with you,  while protecting my heart from the lie of pride in myself that is just waiting to be fed.    I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment