Monday, July 24, 2017

Trust in the Lord

TRUST IN THE LORD
S -isaiah 40
“Shout that people are like the grass.
    Their beauty fades as quickly
    as the flowers in a field.
7 The grass withers and the flowers fade
    beneath the breath of the Lord.
    And so it is with people.
8 The grass withers and the flowers fade,
    but the word of our God stands forever.”
...

Have you never heard?
    Have you never understood?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
    the Creator of all the earth.
He never grows weak or weary.
    No one can measure the depths of his understanding.
29 He gives power to the weak
    and strength to the powerless.
30 Even youths will become weak and tired,
    and young men will fall in exhaustion.
31 But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
    They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
    They will walk and not faint.

O -  The Lord our God is beyond our ability to imagine all that is and does, and can do.   This is why we celebrate His glory because first off He deserves it, but second off we need to remind ourselves who is on our side, who is for us.   Our lives are subject to time and the elements, we get to enjoy this life but the elements will have its affect on our physical lives,  but the one thing ever stable and never changing is the word of God.   Not only is His word trustworthy, we have a God that enduring and powerful,  and gives help to us who are exhausted and weary.    With Him we can run and not grow weary.

A -  I am reminded today that scripture can serve so many needs in my life, one is often correction and direction giving me guidance on where I need to go and how I need to change.   Another is exampled in today's verses from Isaiah,  to remind us of the greatness of our God,   the kindness and everlasting love and gentleness He can provided.  My application then is just to be reminded who is on my side, and what that means to my worry and my exhaustion.

P - Dear Heavenly Father,  thank you for today's lesson may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that your spirit would ever refresh and remind me of who you are, and that Lord you would help me run and not grow weary, and walk and not faint.  I want to soar on wings of eagles as I serve you in this place.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment