Tuesday, July 11, 2017

The glory of the new Convenant

The glory of the new Convenant
S- Hebrews 8

But this is the new covenant I will make
    with the people of Israel on that day,says the Lord:
I will put my laws in their minds,
    and I will write them on their hearts.
I will be their God,
    and they will be my people.
11 And they will not need to teach their neighbors,
    nor will they need to teach their relatives
    saying, ‘You should know the Lord.’
For everyone, from the least to the greatest,
    will know me already.
12 And I will forgive their wickedness,
    and I will never again remember their sins.

O-  Wow the new convenant IS really good (in comparison to the old )  .    The old convenant was written on tablets and passed by word of mouth and guarded by various people in authority.  The new covenant is written on each of God's childrens heart and is guarded by the Holy Spirit.    The laws were written on tablets, and codified in books of the old testament,  but the new laws are written on God's children's minds and refreshed by His spoken and then written word.
The old high priest were like us,  susceptable and worn by sin,   the new High Priest Jesus,  was susceptable, and defeated sin and death.   The old convenant only a few stood in the presence of God in the Holy of Holies in the Tabernacle.   In the new Testament,  we are the temple, and God lives in us.

A - The application for me is again to rejoice in the glory and grace of God, as His new convenant with us is so giving and in my case undeserved and unearned.   I am thankful because I don't deserve it,   I serve and love Him because He is worthy of my praise.

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment