Sunday, July 9, 2017

Protecting and restoring from spiritual dullness and indifference

Protecting and restoring from spiritual dullness and indifference
S- Hebrews 6
 11 Our great desire is that you will keep on loving others as long as life lasts, in order to make certain that what you hope for will come true. 12 Then you will not become spiritually dull and indifferent. Instead, you will follow the example of those who are going to inherit God’s promises because of their faith and endurance.

O-  This letter to the church in Jerusalem is a word of encouragement and exhortation to the young church because God knows what it means to walk this walk here on earth, it comes with trials and distractions, if not spiritual attacks even.   The advice is to keep on loving others,  it will help fend off becoming spiritually dull and indifferent.   We are to follow the example of those like Paul who knew both great rich's and success and great trials and defeats, yet ran the race in such a way as to win.

A -  The application for me is to recognize, that I made it through the 21 mile wall in this marathon called life.   I was at the point of breaking and wanting to quite, and hung on to the promises God had been planting in my heart over the last ten years.   The word of exhortation for me today is to keep loving others, and in areas were relationship had been tested and tried through the "wall" go back and inject love in order to restore resilence and life to what may be only barely surviving.

P - Dear Lord, thank you for your daily restoration of what has been a long season of dryness.  I am feeling refreshed and energized as I begin the process of plowing my heart, loosening the hard soil in my heart,  and preparing it for the seeds of righteousness you want to plant and cause to grow.   I pray that you help me with restoration and investment in my relationship with my wife.  She has sacrificed so much for me in this past season, and I know we need you to help restore her spirit, and our relationship to the point it is overflowing with you love.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment