Monday, July 17, 2017

Faith and Endurance

S- James 1
Faith and Endurance

2 Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. 3 For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. 4 So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.

5 If you need wisdom, ask our generous God, and he will give it to you. He will not rebuke you for asking. 6 But when you ask him, be sure that your faith is in God alone. Do not waver, for a person with divided loyalty is as unsettled as a wave of the sea that is blown and tossed by the wind. 7 Such people should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. 8 Their loyalty is divided between God and the world, and they are unstable in everything they do.

O - James, is writing to the early church because whether it be the early church facing challenges of understanding and being God's new testament church, or God's people in the past following Abraham, and Moses,  that though a clear convenant has been made,  the road forward will always have challenges.  But James helps us all have God's perspective that we should rejoice in these challenges that test our faith, because it grows us in strength and endurance, so we might run the race put in front of us.   The reminder is that during these challenges where our faith is being stretched to the limits we are to seeks God's help , to ask for what we need, and He will not punish you for asking, but  we sure ensure God is not a back up plan , but that we have put our trust and faith in Him to be the author and perfector our faith.

A - The application for me is to recognize that God has brought me through this dry and challenging season where my faith and endurance were tested and at times I did not think I would make it through.  But His grace is sufficient, and He has started a good work in me that He is is not finished with.  As I move onto this season ahead, with renewed strength, tested faith, and endurance,  I need to remember that I still need to and can call on Him for wisdom and direction to guide my every decision and step.

P -  Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord that you give me clear vision , wisdom, and discernment of what to do, where to go, and how to operate in my time up at PSNS &  IMF, and the PACNORWEST in general.  I pray all this in Jesus name,  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment