Thursday, July 20, 2017

Start humble and with the right motives

Start humble and with the right motives
S-James 4
You want what you don’t have, so you scheme and kill to get it. You are jealous of what others have, but you can’t get it, so you fight and wage war to take it away from them. Yet you don’t have what you want because you don’t ask God for it. 3 And even when you ask, you don’t get it because your motives are all wrong—you want only what will give you pleasure.

God opposes the proud
    but gives grace to the humble.

O-  I believe this word from James is designed for me to understand that as He previously spoke Faith is the foundation of living a life with and for God.    Once you begin to live a life of faith though you are susectible to a life which is doing just good enough or just bad enough that you think you need to do something on your own.  Your desires take over and you no longer want what you need to live abundantly with God,  but begin to covet what others have, and because you think it will make you happy.   Wanting what others have, or competing with others is the road to pride and bitterness.  When you have you become boastful of all you create for yourself, and when you are without you are coveting and competing with others for what they have.  

A -   The answer is simple and in these verses -  ask God for what you want and need,  and if you come with a humble heart and the right motives, He is good and faithful to provide.

P -  Dear heavenly Father, as I head into this season feeling once again a refreshing spirit ,  I recognize that if I don't maintain my humbleness of heart and keep my motives in the right place then I will find myself frustrated, exhausted and depressed once again.  Lord guide me gently in a new way, help me to maintain a humble heart that desires to you glorified, and those in my life filled with your love.  I pray all of this in Jesus name, Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment