Thursday, July 13, 2017

Faith - an essential ingredient

Faith -  an essential ingredient
S - Hebrews 11
Faith shows the reality of what we hope for; it is the evidence of things we cannot see.2 Through their faith, the people in days of old earned a good reputation.

3 By faith we understand that the entire universe was formed at God’s command, that what we now see did not come from anything that can be seen.
..... List of faith stories ! Abraham, Moses, Rahab

 All these people earned a good reputation because of their faith, yet none of them received all that God had promised. 40 For God had something better in mind for us, so that they would not reach perfection without us.

O-   Faith is the mystery and the mandatory element to a good relationship with God.   With God there will always be things unseen that are available to Him,  things we do not understand, but know to Him,  and things that he has planned that are beyond our greatest hopes.    In the Hall of Faith the greatest of those in the bible who followed God's promises or direction by faith, did so not because of some keen knowledge or great understanding but because of the one action word that appears to be actionless -  Faith.    Faith is a decision to trust in the one true God. 

A - The application for me is to look to transform my heart and mind to be more like Moses, Abraham,  David,  Paul in that despite circumstances surrounding me that are seen and know, I would put my trust and faith in God and His plan for me.  His grace and love are why I trust Him,  His abilities and power I do not understand, but will follow Him because of who He is my Father, my savior, my God.

P - Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.   I pray Lord that you grow my faith more and more so that I might walk with peace and confidence in who you are even in the most difficult and challenging of times.   I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment