Saturday, July 8, 2017

Learning Obedience through suffering

Learning Obedience through suffering

S-heb 5

7 While Jesus was here on earth, he offered prayers and pleadings, with a loud cry and tears, to the one who could rescue him from death. And God heard his prayers because of his deep reverence for God. 8 Even though Jesus was God’s Son, he learned obedience from the things he suffered. 9 In this way, God qualified him as a perfect High Priest, and he became the source of eternal salvation for all those who obey him.10 And God designated him to be a High Priest in the order of Melchizedek.

O-  My first observation is just to be thankful that we have a high priest, Jesus, who understands what we go through yet,  perfectly represents and sacrifices on our behalf to the father.   The second revelation I had was relative to my own struggle with God,  and why he allowed for me to go through a season of suffering.   I now better understand his perspective,  because he even allowed his own son, who committed no sin, to suffer.  But in this suffering was perfecting obedience to God the father.  

A -  The application for me is the same.   Times of suffering will come and go, and the only question that remains is what is my response.   I need to be like Jesus,  cry to the father, plead with the father, share my suffering with Jesus,  but in the end "Thy will be done".   It is only through this obedience that I can truly follow God's great plan for my life.

P - Dea heavenly Father, thank you for revealing to me today what it means to grow in relationship with you through suffering.  I confess I have questioned you and if you are even neccesary in my life through times of suffering.  I now understand you are drawing me closer to you in these seasons, and while I don't enjoy them in the end I end up closer to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment