Wednesday, January 4, 2023

The Solitary Place with God

​S-Luke 4:42-44 NIV

42 At daybreak, Jesus went out to a solitary place. The people were looking for him and when they came to where he was, they tried to keep him from leaving them. 43 But he said, “I must proclaim the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns also, because that is why I was sent.” 44 And he kept on preaching in the synagogues of Judea.

O-  Jesus would often escape to a solitary place during his ministry on earth.  He sought the quietness to meditate and commune with God in preparation for upcoming ministry.  Even after he had taught at the various synagogues the people would gather and demand he teach more.  If Jesus hadn't communed with the Father he wouldn't have know when it was time to move on or stay and teach more.  He was committed to his mission to spread the Gospel throughout, including all of Judea. 

A - The application for me is to take Jesus' example and seek God in my solitary time with him so I will know when to stay and when to go.  Right now I am in a season of staying where I am at and sitting at the feet of God and receiving his direction.  It is only when I take the time to sit and wait on the Lord that I am truly sure of what I am doing.

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord for your spirit and guidance as to what I am to do today.  Help me to descern my feelings and process them with you so that I may know the truth of what you are moving me to become.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment