Monday, January 30, 2023

Rejoice in suffering

​S- 1 Peter 4:12-13 NLT

“Dear friends, don’t be surprised at the fiery trials you are going through, as if something strange were happening to you. Instead, be very glad—for these trials make you partners with Christ in his suffering, so that you will have the wonderful joy of seeing his glory when it is revealed to all the world.”

O- We are to face fiery trials in this life and how we respond is our choice.  If we act surprised and hurt by these trials we may miss the opportunity to have wonderful joy that comes in sharing in Christ suffering.  If we rejoice instead in the trials we face God's glory will be revealed to us and to all the world.  

A - The application for me is to rejoice in my trials.  I am to rejoice knowing that my suffering makes me a believer in Christ and I am able to share in the ultimate suffering He endured for me.  Christ died for my sins so that I would no longer be bound up in my sin.  I can rejoice and be glad for the suffering in that it makes me like Christ.

P- Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's devotion may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord you help me to rejoice in my suffering , help me to share in the pain that Christ endured even if in just a small way so I might rejoice in seeing his glory.  I pray all this in Jesus name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment