Wednesday, January 11, 2023

Trust in the Father

​S-Luke 11:9-13 NIV

“So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you;seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 10 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

11 “Which of you fathers, if your son asks for[f] a fish, will give him a snake instead? 12 Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? 13 If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!”

O- Jesus is giving us how we should engage God in our life everyday.   We are to ask and seek the Lord for what our needs are.  We are to knock on closed doors that they may be opened.   For our Father in heaven is a good good father, who will give us what we need and not what is bad.   We need to have faith that our heavenly Father is good and wants what is best for us, so we should be confident when we seek and knock that God will answer in a way that is good for us.

A - The application for me is to not be afraid to go to God in all my needs and circumstances.  He is good and faithful to answer in a way that my needs are met and he is trustworthy to depend on in all of my circumstances.  

P - Dear heavenly Father, thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord you give me the confidence and patient endurance to present to you my requests and needs, trusting in your goodness and faithfulness.  I pray all this in Jesus name,  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment