Monday, January 9, 2023

Acts of selflessness

​S-Luke 9:23-25 NIV

23 Then he said to them all: “Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. 24 For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will save it.25 What good is it for someone to gain the whole world, and yet lose or forfeit their very self?

O-  Being selfless and humble is a trait of the disciples of Christ.  It means one is to deny ones self and take up their cross and follow Christ example. It is Christ act of selfless love on the cross that makes him unique in the kingdom of God.  He did so for our salvation and not for his Glory.  We are to seek this selflessness in our own lives as an example of what God has done in our own life.

A - The application for me is to seek to turn my selfish ways into acts of selflessness in my life. I must seek to serve others rather than myself.  I must let my motivations be selfless and seek to bring glory to God through my acts of service.

P - Dear heavenly Father thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray Lord you remove from me all thoughts of self and replace them with act of selflessness.  I pray all this in Jesus Christ name, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment