Friday, January 20, 2023

Be humble

​S-Luke 20:46-47 NIV

46 “Beware of the teachers of the law. They like to walk around in flowing robes and love to be greeted with respect in the marketplaces and have the most important seats in the synagogues and the places of honor at banquets. 47 They devour widows’ houses and for a show make lengthy prayers. These men will be punished most severely.”

O- Jesus tells this to the crowd that was following him.  He knew the Pharisees and teachers of the law were amongst the crowd and would hear this as well.  He came to speak to the people who were hungry for his words and not those who looked to find fault in his teachings that were from heaven above.  He came to preach a new Gospel which was different from the one these teachers had been teaching,  it is the Gospel of grace and mercy from God in heaven.

A - The application for me is to make sure I am not following teachers who exhault themselves but rather humble themselves as they spread the message of the good news of Christ.  We are all called to spread the good news so this warning also applies to me that I not think more of myself and seek places of honor and glory.

P - Dear heavenly father thank you for today's lesson, may it be sealed to my heart.  I pray that you would help me to be humble and full of grace in my daily life.  I pray all this in Jesus name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment